I’m Sam Thurlby-Brooks. I’m a specialist in pregnancy, birth and postnatal massage. I’m passionate about people sleeping in the right position, so they can relieve pain and wake up feeling refreshed and revitalised.
So, I created the Mumanu pillow to help the thousands of pregnant women and other people I treat for lower back and hip pain.
Before hitting the market, the Mumanu pillow was tested by more than 1,500 pregnant women with 96% finding it more comfortable than before… so we know you’ll love it too. (I’ve been using mine for nearly five years!)
Sam Thurlby-Brooks, Creator and CEO, Mumanu Pregnancy Pillow
- Trained massage therapist (specialising in pregnancy massage)
- Trained doula (birth partner) with famous obstetrician Dr Michel Odent
- Spokesperson including articles here. I’ve also been published a couple of times in the award winning OHbaby! Magazine
- Set up Doula NZ, an organisation that supports and represents doulas across New Zealand
- Former Bella Mama pregnancy massage franchisee in Mt Eden for two years
- Private massage service
- Qualified Hypnobirthing Instructor and studied the Yoga Academy’s Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Programme
- Co-author of the Svastha NZ Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course Theory
- Certified BirthWorks International Childbirth Educator (the first person to do so outside the USA)
- BirthWorks Ambassador of the Year Award 2012